Welcome to APOD
(03) 9503 9410
Ongoing fortnightly support groups
Connecting with Services & Support in Victoria
Free confidential support available for families and friends with professional support workers on hand
Support Groups are run throughout Victoria, for meeting times and locations refer below:
Currently support groups are held virtually using Zoom, please call Debbie or text on 0412 382 812 for the link
What is Family Support?
The model of family support that Apod advocates is peer family support. This is where a number of people with a common problem, in our case, living with someone affected by substance use, come together to share their experiences.
The benefits of Family Support
- It interrupts the negative dynamic of substance use within the family
- It helps family members look after their own needs
- It helps families influence the person using drugs to make constructive choices
- It helps families to work with other service agencies
- It enables families to be a resource to their own communities