Welcome to APOD
(03) 9503 9410
Ongoing fortnightly support groups
Connecting with Services & Support in Victoria
Free confidential support available for families and friends with professional support workers on hand
Support Groups are run throughout Victoria, for meeting times and locations refer below:
What is Family Support?
The model of family support that Apod advocates is peer family support. This is where a number of people with a common problem, in our case, living with someone affected by substance use, come together to share their experiences.
The benefits of Family Support
- It interrupts the negative dynamic of substance use within the family
- It helps family members look after their own needs
- It helps families influence the person using drugs to make constructive choices
- It helps families to work with other service agencies
- It enables families to be a resource to their own communities